People who want to retire now
There comes a point in almost everyone’s life when they want, or perhaps need, to finish work.
The trigger for each of us is different; for some it’s the aches and pains on a Monday morning, for others the commencement of their State Pension, or just a feeling that there’s more to life than the 9-5 grind.
Whatever you reason for contemplating retirement, there’s little doubt it will be the biggest financial decision you ever take. It’s hugely important that you consider the key issues carefully:
- What income will you need in retirement? How will inflation affect that requirement and what lump sums of capital will you require in the future?
- How can you use the new Pension Freedom rules to improve your financial position in retirement?
- What income will the State Pension provide you with and when will you start to receive it?
- What’s the best way of turning your pensions into an income? Should you buy an Annuity, choose a different option or a combination?
- How can you provide the income you need for the rest of your life, while still leaving behind a legacy for your loved ones? In other words: how do you make sure the money doesn’t run out?
- How will you pay for the cost of care, if you need it in the future?
- How will you ensure that your estate is distributed in accordance with your wishes when you die and that any Inheritance Tax (IHT) liability is kept to a minimum?
Don’t believe you can retire?
We also work with many people who, when they come to us, don’t believe they can afford to retire, despite their desire to finish work.
The new Pension Freedom rules, and the higher levels of State Pension that we are now seeing, give everyone far more flexibility. I find that can often be used to help people retire far earlier than they previously thought possible.
Whatever your retirement goals, objectives or personal circumstances, I am there to guide you to make the right decisions, which will help you enjoy the retirement you deserve.